Monday, October 17, 2011

Vintage.

The other day I went to the Saginaw Career Complex. I went there for my junior and senior year of high school for the Graphic Arts program where I learned how to take pictures and use all the Adobe programs. I've been visiting that class a lot more lately to help out my teacher. The other day when I went there I was uploading some of my photography to her computer for her to use them as examples for the students. I looked behind me and there was a box of old cameras. I sifted through them to find an old Nikon FM10. This camera is a throw back from 1995. It looks relatively new because of the lens but it still operates on film. After playing around with this camera I fell in love with it. I immediately jumped on craigslist and started searching. I found a Minolta SRT 101 for $25 in Burton, MI. I didn't skip a beat and drove down there and bought it. This camera is a bit older dating back to 1966. It works beautifully though and I am inspired to start developing my own film. After I bought the camera I noticed that half the roll of film was already used up. The thing about using these cameras is that you can't view any of the pictures until the film is developed. This is going to take a lot of getting used to because I quickly took the rest of the pictures in the roll and ran them over to Meijer in hopes that there would be some really old pictures on it from the previous owner. I feel like I wasted half a roll in my excitement because the first half of the pictures were just taken at the garage sale that the woman that sold me the camera had. Oh well... I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it would cost at least a few hundred, not $25.

    ReplyDelete