Monday, September 12, 2011

Stumble

I'm sure a lot of people know what Stumble upon is (Stumble Upon). If you don't, it's a website that navigates you to high quality (no spam) websites that are relevant to your interests. You make an account for free and you put checks next to all the categories that you like or interest you. My checks mostly have to do with art and photography, obviously, and some other nerdy things that interest me. I was stumbling this morning and a ran across a music video that I would would fit in with my blog. The song is called Holocene by Bon Iver.

Not only am I in love with the song, the music video is just so breathtaking and beautiful to me. I like the idea that they used a little boy in the video. To me it shows the side in everyone that just wants to explore and be a kid. This music may not be everyone's cup of tea but at least watch the video. Mute it if you have to. Try to put into words what the song or the video says to you. Of course I went for a walk with my camera after watching the video a billion times. I put the song on my iPod while I took picture and i think it really helped my creative eye.

Also, if you don't have one already, make a stumble upon account. It's a good time killer and can sometimes be a good tool for learning. I get a lot of my photography experiments from it along with art techniques. If you're a huge computer nerd like me there are a lot of how-to's and tools that can help with technical problems. Or you could just watch people get hit in the face if you check the "humor" interest box.

2 comments:

  1. I will check out stumble :) very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awsome video. I have never heard of that website before but I tried it and love it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete